Under_DuressClub Host

I thought I'd give some background on this album before the upcoming session. This is from Wikipedia: "Calculating Infinity is the debut studio album by the American metalcore band The Dillinger Escape Plan.... Calculating Infinity is the band's only full-length album to feature original vocalist Dimitri Minakakis, who left the band in 2001.... Media response to Calculating Infinity was positive, with critics praising the aggressive nature of the album's material, as well as the complexity of the arrangement and instrumental work. Several publications have highlighted it as a landmark release in the Dillinger Escape Plan's catalogue and in hardcore punk and heavy metal as a whole. They also credited its influence on the genres and on the work of several subsequent bands. The record is also classified as metalcore, avant-garde metal, and grindcore, in addition to being highlighted as one of the first mathcore albums. Its lyrical themes mostly revolve around failing relationships and insecurity.... Speaking to The Independent, the band's guitarist [Ben] Weinman suggested that the challenging nature of the album's material was intentional, explaining that 'Calculating Infinity was us effectively ripping up the music theory book; if someone said 'don't harmonize with a second, it just sounds out of tune', then every single lead we did, we'd harmonize with a second. It sounded disgusting, but we did it.'" "According to vocalist Dimitri Minakakis, the majority of the lyrical content on Calculating Infinity is based on his experience in dysfunctional relationships. Speaking to Decibel magazine, Minakakis explained that 'Most of my Dillinger lyrics were predicated on myself ... I just had stupid relationships with idiotic people, and I'd just write a song about it', concluding that 'most of the lyrics on Calculating Infinity were based on human insecurity. That's where I got the best material.'"