Since Converge's statement LP, Jane Doe, is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year, and I'm excited to see them perform the album in its entirety at their 2nd Saddest Day Festival in December, I thought this would be a great opening listen for this club.
@Under_Duress Just jumped on to get a little background on the album. Looking forward to the listen.
@Jangles I did some reading today as well, just to get in the right frame of mind. I found this blurb, to set the stage: "To the uninitiated, Jane Doe sounds like an impenetrable wall of bloodcurdling hardcore. To faithful Converge fans, it also sounds like an impenetrable wall of bloodcurdling hardcore — but in a complimentary way. There’s not a single second wasted on Jane Doe, from the 80-second opening blitzkrieg of “Concubine” to the sprawling, 11-minute album-closing title track. Jacob Bannon’s indecipherable barks mask his disarmingly poetic lyrics, while Kurt Ballou’s stabbing guitar riffs and Ben Koller’s dizzying drums send the songs hurtling forward at maximum velocity. Jane Doe has worked its tendrils into various strains of metalcore and inspired legions of imitators, though none can hold a candle to its destructive onslaught." Read More: The Best Album From 11 Legendary Metalcore Bands | https://loudwire.com/best-album-metalcore-bands/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral