All I heard first was “If you’re my love why can’t you give me what I want” which on its own raises eyebrows but then I tracked back and wow why isn’t this on all the Halloween mixes?

BlueSuedeSuzClub Host

@aaroncurtis I didn’t think about it really on the first listen, but now that I listened again, I totally agree with you! It’s an excellent Halloween tune!

Interesting album. I've never once heard it at least to my memory. Feels like it crosses paths with The Mamas and the Papas and later 60s Beach Boys. Very nice harmonies. I found the songwriting hit and miss though my favorite by a significant amount is "Why Can't You Give Me What I Want." They do feel trapped in between the sunshiny sounds of the early 60s and darker, more serious material of the late 1960s in this spot making it a very interesting point in time.

BlueSuedeSuzClub Host

@aaroncurtis this is one of the albums I actually own and I know I’ve listened to it before, but it felt totally new to me this time. I definitely agree with you that it sounds like a mix of other artists of that era. The harmonies are great, and I have to say, I saw them live back in June and they still sound as good!