General Discussion

Press Players Club
PressPlayersClubClub Host

Hi yall! I'm new to this app so I'm trying to figure it out but I figured I'd get it kicked off: What's y'all's favorite track on Black Caesar soundtrack?

Planning to give a spin when I’m back at my desk tomorrow. I saw that you have a listening club in Houston. How did you find Sound Club?

PressPlayersClubClub Host

@Jangles people kept tagging me on it on IG and I saw that it uses the same tag line I use to describe mines and it peaked my interest. This is a dope concept for an app and I support anything to get people critically thinking about art. How did you find it @jangles?

@PressPlayersClub I noticed that too. I’m the founder/creator. It’s only been about six months so everything is still a WIP. If you have any thoughts or feedback I’d really appreciate it, given your experiences with your events and community.

PressPlayersClubClub Host

@Jangles oh damn nice! Funny thing is I'm in Austin now for work until Friday. I'll have to come to back out to Austin to listen to your listening club. We love visiting Austin. If you're ever in Houston give us a holler. Maybe if there is a way to add a IG Live kinda feature but I know that maybe difficult with copyright laws and all that jazz but I'll continue to check it out and use the app.

@PressPlayersClub I’ll definitely let you know when Austin comes together. Hope to get out to Houston someday! I’m working on some sort of scheduled listening session here in the app, too. Lots of goodness coming soon!

Once you start to get a feel for Sound Club let me know if there's anything that would make it a better home for PressPlayersClub online. Could be a cool way to keep your community together between events.

PressPlayersClubClub Host

@Jangles scheduled listening sessions would be cool and definitely something I could incorporate into what we do

PressPlayersClubClub Host

I'm trying to figure out how to post a new album and archive the one I just did but I'm not able to figure it out. Can you help?

@PressPlayersClub sorry, just seeing this. Looks like you figured it out. I should probably put together a how-to or FAQs.

@PressPlayersClub How did this month's session go?

Just saw you stopped by the Deltron session. Sorry I missed ya!

PressPlayersClubClub Host

I jumped in to try to get an understanding of the listening sessions. I'm still a little confused on how it works and how to utilize it

@PressPlayersClub hey! They’re scheduled sessions where you can sync up an album with other people and chat while listening. There’s a timer in the listening room. Once it counts down to zero everyone hits play and then hangs out. You can also schedule in person sessions, like you’re doing. Just create a session and share the link. People can rsvp with or without a sound club account. Everyone gets a reminder two days and two hours before the event. I also created an @club messaging feature for club owners so you can message all of your members whenever you want.

PressPlayersClubClub Host

@Jangles so the album plays on its own at the same time for everyone or does each individual have to press play? Also can you pause it for discussion or does it need to play all the way through?

@PressPlayersClub sorry for the delay. I'm actually releasing a totally rebuild app today or tomorrow, so it's going to be slightly different. If you have an Apple Music subscription you'll be able to connect your account and the sessions will play the music for you. (This is the only streaming platform that allows for this sort of functionality.) If you don't use Apple Music, the room has links to all of the major streaming platforms. 10 seconds before the album start time there's a countdown that appears on everyone's screen with an audio tone every second of the countdown. At zero everyone presses play on their own. The host is able to pause whenever they want. Because everyone is listening on their own, aside from Apple Music users, a notification pops up to tell everyone that they need to pause and go back to X:XX in track YYY. Whenever the host is ready, they press play and the 10 second countdown starts again. Unfortunately this is the only way I can do it without paying they insane music licensing fees. It sounds like way more work than it actually is. Once you do it once you get the hang of it.